When you think about revenue marketing, you probably don’t often consider marketing automation strategies. But marketing automation is a critical piece of the marketing puzzle and a key component of demand generation.
Marketing automation automates time-consuming marketing tasks, allowing your team to focus their efforts on more significant opportunities.
It also systematizes processes, enforces standards, guarantees proper handover to sales, and improves message delivery and personalization. Automation enables you to reap the benefits of your other marketing efforts.
Building a marketing strategy without an automation strategy is like expecting your clock to work when it’s missing essential gears.
Ready to implement marketing automation strategies that will ensure you free up internal resources, increase your company’s efficiency, nurture strong and engaged leads, and close more business?
Let’s dive in!
What are Examples of Marketing Automation Strategies?
All automation strategies firmly align with sales and share the common goal of enabling the seamless movement of leads through the funnel. Leveraging any one of these strategies, or a combination of them will enhance the sales process and value of your database, thus elevating your business to the next level. Strategies include:
Sales and marketing alignment:
- Leverage marketing automation to seamlessly pass leads from marketing to sales, ensuring augmented sales pipelines and proper handoff.
- Implement time-to-contact standard SLAs, monitor compliance, and improve conversion rates.
- Collect data to reveal who clicks on what, when, and how often.
- Use collected insight to send unique emails to prospective customers catered to their interests, interactions, industry, job title, or any other variable.
- Send emails automatically, triggered by a date or specific action a prospect takes, to move leads through the Buyer’s Journey with ease.
- Nurture leads and move them from the top to the bottom of the funnel.
- Create an experience catered to an entire company at every stage of the funnel.
- Implement tight alignment with sales to identify a list of target companies and target personas and deliver customized content that makes a measurable impact
Automated lead segmentation:
- Divide your database to make clear, marketable separations that simplify customization.
- Engage with leads to keep them warm and keep your business at the forefront of their minds.
- Implement Data Washing Machine to make your data consistent, clean, and accurate. You can use Hubspot or Marketo to implement your Data Washing Machine.
Why Do You Need a Marketing Automation Strategy?
Marketing automation is an essential part of the comprehensive full-stack marketing strategy, and implementing automation in the right way is necessary to keep your business running smoothly.
A 2020 Hubspot article says that “70% of companies report that the most important benefit of automation technology is better-targeted customer communication.” Automation is a must if you want to be nurturing your leads at all hours without having to actively send out communication.
The right strategy will be an innovative method to grow your business and free up the time of talented employees. With strategies in place, you and your company can focus on learning more, crafting stronger content, and ultimately, positively impacting the bottom line.
How to Create the Best Marketing Automation Strategy for You
The possibilities are endless when it comes to marketing automation strategies, and it might seem daunting to enact the exact right plan and use the right technological strategies for your business’s needs. In fact, according to a Martech article, “66% of companies don’t believe they have the skills or talent to make the most use of marketing technology.” That’s where marketing automation agencies and services come in.
A marketing automation agency monitors your website traffic, sends automated emails, identifies the most sales-ready leads, and provides concrete, high-quality data that tells you what’s working and what’s not with your marketing strategy. An agency will take the time to learn about your company and discover what approaches will most benefit your overall revenue marketing strategy.
With the help of an agency, you can avoid being a part of that 66% and maximize your usage of the best automation strategies and practices, ensuring they are hard at work within your business. This massive portion of your full-stack marketing will be taken care of, leaving you with the time and energy to ensure your company’s success.
A marketing automation playbook will take your business to the next level and enable you to create tangible positive impacts on your bottom line in a cost-effective way.
By enlisting the services of a marketing automation agency, you can ensure that the best growth-oriented strategies for your specific business are implemented in your digital marketing model. You can be hands-off as the agency and the automation do all of the tedious and necessary tasks for you.
Want to Know More?
To learn more about marketing automation best practices, book a call so we can show you how to equip yourself with one of the most powerful and enduring tools in the marketing arsenal.